Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Le situation, quick update.

Last week, I was able to look at six different high schools. Three in Madison, WI and three in Des Moines, IA. None of these schools were on a trimester system. Not that this came as a shock, I haven't heard of any school on a trimester system outside of the CRCSD. That doesn't bother me though, I mean, I don't have many requirements for a school. I just want it to have to same classes I'm in now. Finding that is harder than you'd think. Only half the schools offered French, two offered AP Lang and Comp, but you could argue three since it was an online course and most, if I recall correctly, offer APUSH, also named AP American History. A majority of the schools were on a block system. I'm familiar with this, since that is what I had at Baylor in Chattanooga, TN, eighth grade. The only disadvantage is that the class move twice as fast.

 So how do you choose? I told my dad that first and foremost, he should choose his job. If you follow my Twitter, link on the left of screen, you'd seen that on Monday I tweeted:  Moving to Madison, last day at Kennedy will be the 18th of next month.

If you've ever moved you probably understand where I'm coming from when I say there's a lot of thought that goes into moving. Not only do we have to consider schools, we have to find housing in that district so I can actually attend school there. On the flip side we have to keep our house on the market and in tip-top condition so it will sell. Bad thing is our economy is in a slump and the realty side of it has taken a hit. Houses aren't selling for what they used to. This can also be viewed as a good thing, we'll get more for our money at whatever property we buy.

All of these things operate around a deadline- when my dad starts his job, when we find housing, temporary or permanent, and how soon can I be back in school. We don't need another episode of moving in 8th grade when I went to school for two days the whole month of October 2008. The clock is ticking, let's get this ball rolling and see how fast it can go.

"My greatest motivation is the deadline."


No comments:

Post a Comment