Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Q&A with Key to the Midway.

I emailed the questions to Jesse, and here's how he answered them, word for word:


"Hey Liz this is Jesse I will be answering your questions for you. I dont have a ton of time so I will be writing fast so please excuse spelling erroorrrrrrrrsssssssssssss.

...thanks :)

Question 1)

RYAN ENGLISH (Drums)
COREY YODER (Guitar)
DREW ENGLISH (Guitar)
SHANE BARNES (Bass)
JESSE BARNES (Vocals/Acoustic Guitar)

Question 2) Well I moved to Kalamazoo to start school in the fall of 2009. At that time Drew was trying to get a new pop rock band together and was looking for a singer to begin a project with. We had a mutual friend who introduced us. We started messing around together and were able to find some chemistry so I would say the band started there. From that point he pulled in his brother on drums and I pulled in my brother for bass. The final piece of the puzzle was Corey who was actually the third Guitarist we tried out. The name was actually Corey's idea. Its a carni term, workers at a carnival would tell annoying kids that somewhere in the carnival was a hidden key to the midway. Something to give the kids to do to get them off there back.

Question 3) We are a Pop Rock band.  I believe we have a sound of our own. No run of the mill lead guitars and we try to write songs that could mean something to people, to inspire people to some degree. We have an edge to our music like All Time Low, but a downbeat side as well. Our songs can be fun as much as they can be serious.

Question 4) Yes we write all our own music. I take care of most of the lyrical part of the songs. What ispires me is obviously like an other song writer personal experience. I try to keep in mind I'm writing for other people to hear, so I try to make sure my lyrics are something everyone can relate to in some way. The idea for me and I think should be for any song writer, Is to hopefully inspire your fans, give them hope, try to get a positive reaction out of songs. What really matters is what the people listening your songs were able to get out of it

Question 5) Oh well I cant speak for everyone here but My favorite band of all time has to be My Favorite Highway. For the most part we are influenced by alot of different types of music but we all love pop rock and that's what we love to play.

Question 6) well once again I cant speak for everyone but I would say The starting Line, All Time Low, My Favorite Highway, and KELLY CLARKSTON!!!

Question 7) we don't have a set date on when the Ep will drop. Were hoping for some time in the spring but know we are putting ourselves in second gear to try and get it done as fast as possible. The problem is as an unsigned bands we don't have all the resources bigger bands have so its trying to work around that and still write a quality Ep we think our fans will truly enjoy. 

Plans for the future? nothing set right now we have alot of goals mainly, We plan on touring as soon as we have the opportunity and will continue to pursue our music dreams and career. We hope to only do bigger and better things so please stick around with us and we hope you can enjoy it with us!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment