Sunday, November 6, 2011

Concert Two.

A week ago I celebrated my 17th birthday by going to an All Time Low concert with Devin and Makenzie.

The Rise and Fall of My Pants tour features four bands: All Time Low, The Ready Set, He is We and Paradise Fears; and goes from October 23rd to November 19th.



At the Gimme Summer Ya Love tour I'd seen All Time Low with my cousin and it was a total blast. While my cousin and I had waited outside the members of Paradise Fears went around and talked about their music and tried to sell their CD's. Now they were opening the show!

This time around band called This is Breathing, was walking around promoting their music. Only Dan Rudd and Phillip Berg could be there. I was smart this time and asked for them to sign their fliers so when they're famous I can sell it on eBay. Conveniently, All Time Low's tour bus was parked right outside the venue and we were standing right next it. Close enough that we could see the Ravens game that was playing on the TV. Then Zack Merrick walked out of the bus and said, "Excuse me, ladies," so he could walk between us. Makenzie had a slight heart attack.

By a stroke of luck, I'd dropped my ticket in the van so my parents had to drive by again so I could grab it. (I know this doesn't sound lucky, but it gets better.) As were were driving around the block and coming back to the front of the venue my mom pointed out some boys walking towards the building. Thinking it was only more people coming to wait in line I didn't think much of it. But then my eyes focused and I saw Alex Gaskarth and Jack Barakat casually strolling down Madison Street. A bunch of girls let out screams, and I jumped out of the car and ran up to Devin and Makenzie, "ALL TIME LOW IS WALKING TOWARDS US!!!"

Stupidly, we didn't leave our place in line to go see them because we thought they'd actually walk towards our end of the line.. They never did. However, Zack walked by again and asked if anyone wanted to see a trick. He then proceeded to spit his gum out, kick it with his shoe like a hacky sack and catch it with his hand before putting it back in his mouth. Kinda gross, I know.

Soon, we were inside and decided to stand on the left side of the stage because that's where Jack always is. We found ourselves behind a really tall boy, who happened to be Carter Andre, Cold Andre's "little" brother, who is six feet tall. Since it was Cole's birthday his family had come out to see them. Since he's six foot tall and then some I asked if I could stand in front of him, which he allowed me to, so sweet.

During Paradise Fears set they covered Fountains of Wayne's, "Stacy's Mom," and Nicki Minaj's, "Super Bass." The lead singer, Sam Miller, also got the crowd to wish Cole a sexual birthday by screaming the most derogatory, sexual word they could think of.

Next was He is We, Rachel was dressed up in costume and kept throwing candy at the crowd. Sadly, because of her health it was the last show He is We performed at. After that, The Ready Set came on stage and had his glitter drums! Clear drums with glitter on the inside, so whenever they were played the glitter went wild on the inside. like a musical snow globe. My knees had started locking at that point, and more tall people had gotten in front of me, so I left the crowd and stood in the back, where I could see everything.

I also went out to merch and bought a Paradise Fears wristband from Cole, where I wished him a Happy Birthday and added that it was my birthday too. I asked him to sign it, and he said he wasn't supposed to sign anything, but then gave in and signed it. Later, when I asked Rachel to sign something she said during the show no one was supposed to sign anything out of respect for the other bands. She promised she'd sign after the show, but since she was sick she left before it was over.

Finally, All Time Low performed. It was great. I knew every song. They even stopped at one point to list complaints, one of them being that there were no bras on stage. Promptly after Alex said that a tomato was thrown on stage. First time they'd been tomato-ed in All Time Low history. A huge metal bat was brought on stage and they tried playing baseball with it, but failed. At the end they gave it to Zack, who, being the athlete, hit it back into the crowd. Their tour manager, Matt, had to clean it up as they continued to play.



The last song, as always, was, "Dear Maria, Count Me In." Rian kept playing the drums, Jack quit playing guitar and went to greet fans in the crowd, Zack ripped off his shirt and Alex walked over to the booth, where we were standing. He then played with the lights board and thanked everyone for a great show.

Since bands could sign afterwards we ran outside and got our pictures with five of the six Paradise Fears members and Trevor, the other half of He is We. I gave Cole and Sam each a Ring Pop that said, "marry me?" on them. :) We waited for All Time Low, but they never came. Finally, before we left, we got to hear Dan and Phillip, of This is Breathing, sing acoustic versions of their songs. It was a pretty great night.


Devin, MaKenzie, Sam and I!









No comments:

Post a Comment