Sunday, November 6, 2011

Concert One.

I promised I'd talk about them, so here goes:

Last Friday, I went to the Blue Moose Tap House with Devin to The Noise Tour powered by Journey's. It runs from October 13th to November 19th and showcases The Make, There for Tomorrow, You Me at Six, We Are the In Crowd and Mayday Parade.

I was most excited for Mayday Parade, because I'd seen them on the Gimme Summer Ya Love tour, but that was headlined by All Time Low and I wanted to see Mayday Parade headline a tour. I was also pretty stoked for WATIC, because I'd also seen them on Gimme Summer Ya Love, but they'd only performed four songs and their new record had just dropped, which I blogged about here, so I wanted to hear their new songs live. I'd never heard of The Make, but had looked them up on YouTube and thought they were pretty good. And I only own a few There for Tomorrow and You Me at Six songs.

We waited outside in the freezing cold for a little under an hour. A few exciting things happened though, we found Waldo-

We also saw Tay Jardine, lead singer of WATIC, hobble by on crutches. A few other band members casually walked by too, inclucing Josh Franceschi, the lead singer of You Me at Six. 

When we finally got in we were in the fourth row from the front. During The Make's set someone had brought a mini shaker to jam along with the band. During There for Tomrrow's set, Micah jumped off the stage to crowd surf. Finally, during You Me at Six's set it got completely crazy and I was almost elbowed to death. So I left and went out to merchandise were I bought a bracelet to represent each band. I also got to talk to The Make. Sarah was even nice enough to give me a Sharpie because I'd forgotten one! 

Throughout the rest of the show, Devin and I got pictures and autographs with every band. Which is three for three because Mayday Parade and WATIC was by meet and greet only. You Me at Six is a band from the UK, so their accents were perfect and they used phrases to refer to you as, "baby girl," and, "love."

Josh Franceschi, lead singer of, You Me At Six.
Finally, Mayday Parade came on stage. For his dedication before the song, "Miserable at Best," Derek dedicated to his daughter who was, to date, two months old. He said being a father was the best thing in the world. It was super sweet. At the end Mayday Parade surprised everyone when they played an extra song.

Here's my ticket!




No comments:

Post a Comment